1. To add a call queue, click the Add Call Queue button on the Call Queue center.
You will get the following pop-up. The platform will guide you through the configuration of the queue, including basic options, pre-queue options and in-queue options.
2. Under the Basic tab, you will be asked for the name you would like to give the queue and the extension number. The extension number cannot be changed once the queue is created.
3. Select a Ring Type for the fields as described in the table below. The ring type controls how the call is sent to specific devices. Calls are sent to specific devices instead of users so their Answering Rules will not route to an undesired destination.
Call Queue Ring Types
|Round-Robin||Routes callers to the available agent that has been idle the longest.|
|Ring All||Simultaneously rings all available extensions in the queue. The first agent that answers gets connected with the caller.|
|Linear Hunt||Linear Hunt calls agents in a predefined order. The order is defined when editing the queues agents after the queue has been created.|
|Linear Cascade||Routes calls to groups of available agents in a predefined order. The order is defined when editing the queues agents after the queue has been created.|
|Call Park||Allows users to place calls on hold until the agent retrieves them. Selecting Call Park will not display Pre-Queue options or In Queue Options. These options will not select a phone number for direct dialing, recording calls, or collecting statistics.|
4. If you select Call Park, click Save to complete setting up this Call Queue.
5. For all other selections, complete the additional fields listed below:
Phone Number: Select a phone number that will route directly to the Call Queue being created.
Record Calls: Setting Record Calls to Yes will record all calls that are routed through the queue being created.
Statistics: This option will collect statistics for the queue being created and provides information to the Call Center Supervisor.
6. Click Next to display the Pre-Queue Options tab and proceed to the next step.
7. The Pre-Queue Options pop-up will appear. The Pre-Queue options are a set of conditions that must be met before the queue will accept the call. If any of the conditions are not met, the call will be forwarded to the destination in the Forward if Unavailable field. The table below describes each of the options.
|Require Agents||Sets whether at least one agent is required to be online before sending the caller to the queue. Select whether to require (Yes) or not require (No) agents for this queue.|
|Require Intro into MOH||Setting Require Intro MOH (Music on Hold) will play the first recording in the Music on Hold queue directory when they enter the queue. This setting forces playback of the complete MOH before dispatch. This is useful for compliance greetings such as “Calls may be recorded.” Select whether to require (Yes) or not require (No) the complete playback of the Music on Hold for this call queue.|
|Max Expected Wait||The time in seconds before the queue is unavailable to new callers. This is applied when the queue’s average wait time reached the maximum expected wait. If the Max Expected Wait time is exceeded for a new caller entering the queue, the caller will be sent to the destination entered into the Forward if Unavailable field. Use the slider bar to specify the maximum expected wait time, in seconds. If the estimated wait time exceeds this number, the call cannot queue.|
|Max Queue Length||Allows you to set a cap of how many callers can be waiting in the queue at one time. If a Max Queue Length is set and a caller attempts to join the queue, it will forward them to the destination entered in the Forward if Unavailable field. Use the slider to specify the maximum number of people that the platform will allow to wait in this call queue.|
|Allow Callback Option||Allows for callers entering the queue to save their place in the queue and receive a call from the platform when an agent is available. Select whether the callback option is available (Yes) or not available (No) to users in this call queue.|
|Forward if Unavailable||Setting that specifies where to forward if pre-queue options will not allow for queueing, such as if the queue has reached its Expected Max Wait or the Max Queue Length limit has been reached.|
8. The In-Queue Options tab appears. The In Queue options allow you to control how the call is handled if the call meets all the Pre Queue Options and the call is accepted into the queue. This tab will change based on the ring type selected. The In-Queue Options table below describes each of these options.
|Queue Ring Timeout||A time limit that can be set for how long a call will remain in the queue before being timed out. If Forward if Unanswered is enabled, the call is handled according to the Forward if Unanswered setting. If voicemail is enabled and Forward if Unanswered setting is disabled, the platform prompts the caller to stay in the queue or go to voicemail. Moving the slider bar to the right will increase the amount of time in 5 second intervals. Move the bar all the way to the right for unlimited. This will keep the call in the queue until someone answers or the call disconnects.|
|Agent Ring Timeout||Allows you to configure how long each agent’s phone will ring before moving to the next agent. This option will not display if the call type of the queue is Ring All. Use the slider to specify the maximum number of seconds that the queue will ring an event before moving on to the next agent. This value should be less than the Queue Ring Timeout value.|
|Logout Agent on Missed Call||Allows you to log an agent out of the queue if a call from the queue goes unanswered. Select whether an agent can log callers out of the queue (Yes) or does not (No) log out callers if an agent misses a call.|
|Forward if Unanswered||Allows you to set a destination for calls that are not answered. This could be another user’s extension or another phone number. Enter the phone number or extension where callers are forwarded if agents fail to answer before the Queue Ring Timeout occurs.|
|Voicemail||Enabling Voicemail will create a voicemail box for the queue and will allow callers to leave a voicemail if no Forward if Unanswered has been set. Select whether callers will be (Yes) or will not be (No) given the option to leave a voicemail if agents fail to answer when the Queue Ring Timeout occurs and Forward if Unanswered is not set.|