The Contacts view shows the list of existing contacts from the Softphone application. The contacts are synched from those found in the Hosted Voice User Portal. In Contacts view, you can view, add, or edit contacts as needed.
Viewing a Contact
From the left panel, click Contacts. You can use the following functions in the Contacts view:
- Switching Contacts View – By default, the screen shows all your contacts in the list. Click the Contacts drop-down arrow at the top of the screen to select which set of contacts to view.
- Searching Contacts – To filter/search contacts, click the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner, then type a name, number, or extension to filter or search.
- Contact View (Edit/Dial) –Click on an individual contact to view details. The contact’s extension/phone number(s) and email addresses (if available) will be displayed.
- Click the star icon to toggle the favorites status, when the star is filled white, the contact is selected as a favorite.
- Click the extension/phone number to call the number directly. Click the email address to launch your email application.
- Click Edit Contact to make changes to a contact.
Adding a Contact
1. From the left panel, click Contacts.
2. Click the plus (+) icon in the upper-right corner to open the Add Contact dialog box.
3. Complete the contact information to add a contact and then click Save to save the contact.
Editing a Contact
While viewing an individual contact, you can edit the contact’s information if needed. Click the ellipsis button to display edit options for a contact.
|Click the Edit button to edit the contact’s details|
|Click the Copy button to copy the contact’s details to the clipboard if you need to paste the information in a different application such as an email or a document|