This section outlines how to configure Single Sign-On for your user account. Logging in with SSO bypasses any Multi-Factor Authentication configured.
Note: Users must be on their own account and cannot be done with impersonation. SSO must be enabled on your domain by your Hosted Voice Administrator.
- Log in to User Portal.
- Select Profile under your name.
Note: Administrators must select My Account under their name first.
3. Scroll down to Account Security and select the type of Single Sign-On you want to enable.
4. When prompted, enter your login credentials.
5. Once you’ve logged in, the Single Sign-On field will update the reflect the email address of your account.
6. You will need to enter your Current Password to Save.